In 1996, a group of community leaders, entrepreneurs among them, in lower Kensington, Philadelphia gathered to address a growing concern: a demand for business financing unmet by the local banking industry.
A year later FINANTA was open for business. Offering bilingual services and strongly rooted in the community, the lending nonprofit made its first loan to a local recycling company.
We are proud to operate out of our permanent headquarters at 1301 North 2nd Street. The FINANTA Center opened in 2009, as a hub for local economic development, business networking, and professional services, offering affordable office space-for-lease by entrepreneurs and nonprofits, acting as a business incubator for the local community and the Philadelphia region. Over the past 20 years, our loan portfolio has come to reflect the diversity of contemporary Philadelphia: from immigrant, family-run micro-enterprises, to real estate developers, cutting-edge designers, and nonprofits. Lets continue to grow together.